Gain a qualification to become a Personal Trainer
Can also enrol as a non-assessed student (but will not gain the qualification. )
Contact us for tuition fees and payment plans to meet your needs.
WISE (RTO88136) offers the Certificate IV in Fitness SIS40215. This qualification reflects the role of personal trainers who have specialist skills to train individual clients, or groups of clients, on a one-on-one or group basis, to improve health-related components of fitness in relatively low risk situations. This may include training of older clients and children.
They have a substantial depth of knowledge to plan, conduct and evaluate exercise training; provide leadership and guidance to clients and other staff; and deal with unpredictable situations applying defined guidelines and procedures from the fitness industry and the organisation.
They work independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems, including monitoring and managing business activities to operate efficiently and profitably.
The qualification does not provide the skills and knowledge for an individual to provide advice or exercise instruction to high risk clients, other than to refer the client to an appropriate medical or allied health professional.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a diversity of fitness industry businesses including fitness centres, gyms, aquatic facilities, community facilities and in open spaces, where risk management (through risk assessment and hazard control processes) does not already exist.
Entry to the Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40215) is open to individuals who hold a current first aid and CPR certificate and have been recognised as competent through a recognised training program or recognition process against the following units of competency:
- SISFFIT001: Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002: Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003: Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004: Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005: Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT006: Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT014: Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001: Provide quality service
Students are required to complete the 12 core units along with eight (8) elective units. Through industry consultation, WISE is currently offering the following units as part of the qualification though we can also replace the elective units with ones suitable to your needs and/or career outcomes. Contact us to discuss your individualised program.
The WISE Academy Pty Ltd (RTO88136) does not guarantee that:
- a learner will successfully complete a training product on its scope of registration, or
- a training product can be completed in a manner which does not meet the requirements of the RTO’s training and assessment strategies and practices, including the amount of training they provide, are consistent with the requirements of training packages and VET accredited courses and enable each learner to meet the requirements for each unit of competency or module in which they are enrolled (Clause 1.1). For the purposes of Clause 1.1, the RTO determines the amount of training they provide to each learner with regard to:
- the existing skills, knowledge and the experience of the learner
- the mode of delivery
- where a full qualification is not being delivered, the number of units and/or modules being delivered as a proportion of the full qualification. (Clause 1.2), or
- a learner will obtain a particular employment outcome where this is outside the control of the RTO.
Ability to supervise young people using fitness facilities and relevant equipment.
Incorporate an understanding of exercise science principles into fitness instruction, programming and provision of fitness advice.
Assess client functional movement and exercise capacity to encourage healthy posture and develop an appropriate exercise program.
Plan, instruct and evaluate personal training programs for a variety of clients.
Design exercise plans and programs to change and maintain desired and realistic body composition of clients.
Promote exercise and incorporate behaviour change strategies into fitness instruction and programming.
Undertake referrals, and interpret and implement instructions from medical or allied health professionals.
Plan, instruct and evaluate long-term exercise programs for clients.
Plan, instruct and evaluate group personal training programs for a variety of clients.
Identify when the provision of nutritional advice is beyond the scope of practice of a personal trainer.
Learn how to manage legal and risk management requirements.
Create a Business Model Canvas and plan for your business.
Plan, instruct and evaluate endurance training programs for clients.
Use drills, exercises and activities to instruct strength and conditioning techniques.
Sign Up Today!
We are confident that you will always receive value for money. If you found that the course was a waste of your time and you didn’t learn anything, we will return your tuition fees. Conditions Apply. *