Gain a qualification to become a Fitness Instructor
Can also enrol as a non-assessed student (but will not gain the qualification. )
Group rates available! Train your staff ...
Contact us for tuition fees and payment plans to meet your needs.
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a range of activities and functions requiring autonomous work within a defined range of exercise instruction situations and activities. Qualification outcomes will depend on the elective grouping chosen and may include providing exercise instruction for group, aqua or gym programs.
Individuals who specialise in Group Exercise Instruction deliver exercise sessions designed for participation by a group of clients with a mix of ages/fitness levels. Sessions may be freestyle, pre-choreographed or circuit style. These individuals instruct and demonstrate complete exercise sessions to groups with limited individual interaction.
Individuals who specialise in Gym Instruction provide individually tailored client assessments, provide technique correction as needed, and develop and demonstrate programs. They also provide supervision of a facility or service, keep equipment clean, tidy and well maintained, and handle various customer inquiries.
Work may be undertaken in locations such as gyms, fitness facilities, pools and community facilities. Job roles can include gym instructor, group exercise instructor and aqua instructor.
To be granted a Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315), participants must complete the nine (9) core units and seven (7) elective units. Through industry consultation, WISE is currently offering the following units as part of the qualification though we can also replace the elective units with ones suitable to your needs and/or career outcomes. Contact us to discuss your individualised program.
The WISE Academy Pty Ltd (RTO88136) does not guarantee that:
- a learner will successfully complete a training product on its scope of registration, or
- a training product can be completed in a manner which does not meet the requirements of the RTO’s training and assessment strategies and practices, including the amount of training they provide, are consistent with the requirements of training packages and VET accredited courses and enable each learner to meet the requirements for each unit of competency or module in which they are enrolled (Clause 1.1). For the purposes of Clause 1.1, the RTO determines the amount of training they provide to each learner with regard to:
- the existing skills, knowledge and the experience of the learner
- the mode of delivery
- where a full qualification is not being delivered, the number of units and/or modules being delivered as a proportion of the full qualification. (Clause 1.2), or
- a learner will obtain a particular employment outcome where this is outside the control of the RTO.
Identify client fitness requirements, administer a pre-exercise health screening questionnaire.
Plan, instruct and evaluate a variety of fitness programs and circuit sessions.
Provide healthy eating information and support healthy attitudes to eating and body composition.
Recognise exercise considerations common to specific population groups.
Incorporate an understanding of the human body structure and physiology into fitness instruction and programming.
Plan, instruct and evaluate exercise for male clients aged forty five and over, and female clients aged fifty five and over.
Learn how to manage legal and risk management requirements.
Create a Business Model Canvas and plan for your business.
Plan, instruct and evaluate endurance training programs for clients.
Use drills, exercises and activities to instruct strength and conditioning techniques.
Sign Up Today!
We are confident that you will always receive value for money. If you found that the course was a waste of your time and you didn’t learn anything, we will return your tuition fees. Conditions Apply. *