Anatomy & physiology
Learn about your human body.
Achievement of this unit can be put towards a Certificate III in Fitness SIS30315 or a Certificate IV in Fitness SIS40215.
Must be assessed in order to gain credit.
This course covers an understanding of the human body structure and physiology. From learning this information, you can create better fitness programs for yourself or for others. You can also use this course to determine if you want to pursue a career in a health or fitness-related field.
Specifically, the following will be covered during the two-day workshop.
- anatomical terminology;
- body systems, their interdependence and contribution to a healthy body;
- musculoskeletal including movement terminology, muscle actions and functions of major muscles during exercise and movement;
- nervous system;
- skeletal system (bones and joints);
- cardiovascular system;
- respiratory system;
- energy systems, pathways and substrates and relevant recovery options;
- thermoregulation of the human body; and,
- exercises to promote ideal postural alignment and prevent development of pathological posture
Enrol in this workshop
The tuition includes notes and powerpoint slides. You have the option to take this course non-assessed (e.g., for your own personal development), or assessed (to be put towards the Certificate III in Fitness SIS30315 or the Certiciate IV in Fitness SIS40215 delivered by WISE [RTO88136]).
Non-Assessed tuition: $197; Assessed: $297.
Sign Up Today.
We are confident that you will always receive value for money. If you found that the course was a waste of your time and you didn’t learn anything, we will return your tuition fees. Conditions Apply. *